From 1454 till 1950 our hotel was a simple farmhouse, the Rehlegglehen*.
1917 Sebastian Lichtmannegger bought the old farm.
Sowing and reaping ensued in nature’s cycle.
Until hard-working forefathers added the finishing touches.
With love and intuition they created a wonderful inn.
We still sow and reap. We give our heart and soul, our commitment and passion and receive happy guests in return. .
* The expression Lehen dates back to the middle ages. Land and meadows usually belonged to the church in those days. In the Berchtesgaden Valley the farmers leased land from the monastery and prince provosts. In return they committed themselves to service and obedience. And parted with a large portion of their harvest.
Our Hotels history